Hatanpään valtatie 7
(bus station building)
+358 40 824 9118
Rulla is open from 12th of May
There is a temporary advance registration for visiting in Rulla, see instructions on this page.
Closed on Thu 13th of May
Rulla is a colourful and inspiring children’s cultural centre in the heart of Tampere. At Rulla, children can find their inner artist, present their works and participate in different fun events and workshops. The changing children’s exhibitions present different art forms and themes. In the permanent adventure room, even the smallest visitors can enjoy different atmospheres. Rulla is managed by the city of Tampere Cultural Affairs. Entrance is free of charge, and an instructor is always present for both groups and individual visitors.
Please note that children under the age of 10 must always be accompanied by a responsible adult. There is a customer kitchen and tables for eating your own snacks at Rulla.
Rulla is open from 12th of May by advance registration. Due to official guidelines, the maximum number of customers allowed is limited to 14 people. The visit time is two (2) hours / group or family. Visiting time can be booked in advance by phone.
1. Book your time by calling Rulla's telephone number 040 824 9118. We are most likely to answer the phone between 9 am and 3 pm.
2. Visiting times can be booked for Rulla's opening hours Wed 9-18, Thu-Fri 9-14 and Sat-Sun 10-16. Visiting time starts every hour (e.g. 9-11, 11-13, etc.) and the visit takes 2 hours. Booking time is open for a calendar week from Tuesday to Sunday.
3. Please arrive when your visiting time begins. If you have not arrived within 30 minutes of the start of your visiting time, the time will automatically move to the next one. Visiting times can also be inquired at Rulla's door, but when Rulla is full we cannot take more people in.
Please note that registration is compulsory. If you wish to cancel your booking time or change your reservation then please let us know by calling to Rulla. In this case, we can give the canceled time to the next one.
Do not come to Rulla if you are sick! Customers over the age of 12 must use a face mask if there is no health barrier to its use. Everyone must take care of safety distances of two meters. Please read the instructions for a safe visit below.
Group tours are not organized. Changes are possible. We actively follow the instructions of the authorities and inform about changing situations as soon as possible.
Rulla opens on Wednesday 12th of May at 9 a.m. with gathering restrictions of 14 people. Rulla can be visited by booking a visit in advance by phone. Instructions for booking and safe visit in this page.
See you next week!
This is how to visit Rulla safely:
• Come to Rulla completely healthy.
• Always cough on your sleeve or handkerchief and be sure to wash / disinfect your hands several times during your visit.
• Remember to keep a safe distance from other people.
• Customers over the age of 12 must use a face mask if there is no health barrier to its use.
We care about safety:
• We limit the number of audiences involved, maximum of 14 people at a time.
• We make sure that hand disinfectant is always available.
• We take care of the cleaning of workshop equipment, premises and surfaces.
• We actively follow the instructions of the authorities.
The family club is full of play. Children can play and parents can meet each other. The family club is a themed club for children under school age and their parents.
Spring's last Family Club 11th of May is organized online. More information at this page below.
Family Clubs continues on next fall 2021!
In Rulla Art Hour you can try various art techniques and do artworks or handicrafts. Art classes will introduce you to different art techniques.
Five-year-olds and older can attend independently.
Art hours continues on next fall 2021!
EXPERIENCES: Experiences can be gained through both art and participating in activities yourself.
MULTIDISCIPLINARITY: Rulla aims to blur the borders between different art forms and encourage children to explore them. What does blue sound like? What kind of story does a picture tell?
ACTIVITY: We want to support the children’s own activity in every way we can. Rulla is a perfect place for letting your imagination run!